- Art Books Burning Pine Business Plans Business Strategy Content Marketing Fabian Perez Flexible Working Freelancing Grateful Dead Guitar Hugh MacLeod Infographics Interim Management Katie Ledger Marketing Meniere's Mike Pegg Music Nicholas Bate Organisational Humanity Photography Portfolio Career Quotations Random Scottish Independence Seth Godin Social Media Sovereign Individual Sovereign Professional Strategic Resourcing Technology Tokai Travel Warren Zevon Writing
- 1982 Tokai Springy Sound ST60
- Tools of excellence - Nicholas Bate
- Purposeful Storytelling and the Four Truths–Peter Guber
- Up at first light for the Dying of the Light @DerekLandy, @Waterstones, @BasingBooks
- Echoes through time: Definition of a gentleman
- Strategic Insight?
- Fender IPO: Great News? Or Not So Much?
Tag Archives: Sovereign Individual
Via The Cramped, is news of a fantastic concept currently on Kickstarter. It’s a diary / planning solution that combines the visceral delight of real paper and pencil with the sheer and shareable convenience of digital. What a great idea! … Continue reading
This looks interesting. From Brain Pickings, a review of a new book, The Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations on Wisdom, Perseverance, and the Art of Living, by Ryan Holiday and Stephen Hanselman. Having read Marcus Aurelius’ Meditations and a little Seneca, … Continue reading
This is a great find, courtesy of Anderson Layman’s blog, the Wikipedia entry for the Great Books; 161 books for every personal library. Some examples to whet your appetite: 29. Marcus Aurelius – Meditations 42. Leonardo da Vinci – Notebooks 71. Isaac Newton … Continue reading
“The most regretful people on earth are those who felt the call to creative work, who felt their own creative power restive and uprising, and gave to it neither power nor time.” Mary Oliver, via Brain Pickings.
We love well-constructed lists. Nicholas gives us the Essentials 101. We’re up to 60 so far, but I’m behind the curve. Personal highlights: 6. Build your library 11. Manage your mood with walks, play-lists and sufficient sleep. 40. Have time free from technology … Continue reading
“They lose the day in waiting for the night, and the night in fearing the dawn.” Seneca (5 BC – 65 AD), On the Shortness of Life
Don Miguel Ruiz, via Cultural Offering: 1. Be impeccable with your word. 2. Don’t take anything personally. 3. Don’t make assumptions. 4. Always do your best.” — Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom