- Art Books Burning Pine Business Plans Business Strategy Content Marketing Fabian Perez Flexible Working Freelancing Grateful Dead Guitar Hugh MacLeod Infographics Interim Management Katie Ledger Marketing Meniere's Mike Pegg Music Nicholas Bate Organisational Humanity Photography Portfolio Career Quotations Random Scottish Independence Seth Godin Social Media Sovereign Individual Sovereign Professional Strategic Resourcing Technology Tokai Travel Warren Zevon Writing
- 1982 Tokai Springy Sound ST60
- Tools of excellence - Nicholas Bate
- Purposeful Storytelling and the Four Truths–Peter Guber
- Up at first light for the Dying of the Light @DerekLandy, @Waterstones, @BasingBooks
- Echoes through time: Definition of a gentleman
- Strategic Insight?
- Fender IPO: Great News? Or Not So Much?
Tag Archives: Guitar
My music collection is built on the cornerstone of three albums that I bought during the last holiday I took with my parents. They were on vinyl, of course; CDs were still a few years away. I was at university … Continue reading
After some Twitter prodding, Cultural Offering’s Kurt Harden persuaded me to add a Deep Purple list to his impressive collection of Essential Mixes: And The Address, Shades of Deep Purple, 1968 Hush, Shades of Deep Purple, 1968 Hard Road (Wring … Continue reading
From Cultural Offering’s Essential Mixes Just so much great stuff… 1. Do It Again, Can’t Buy A Thrill, 1972 5. Any Major Dude, Pretzel Logic, 1974 8. Don’t Take Me Alive, The Royal Scam, 1976 9. Reelin’ In The … Continue reading
I’m sad to read that JJ Cale died of a heart-attack on Friday. A truly understated talent. His laid-back country-blues was unmistakeable and I loved his music, especially his 1971 debut, Naturally, and the string of albums that slowly transitioned … Continue reading
A true icon. You know you need one. Fender has just launched its Ritchie Blackmore Tribute Stratocaster (as distinct from the somewhat cheaper Ritchie Blackmore Signature Strat). It’s a faithful, scratches and all, reproduction of a black 1968 Fender Stratocaster … Continue reading
The UK’s population of ash trees faces decimation from Chalara Ash Dieback disease which is spread by air-borne spores (and possibly by past government inaction). Does this mean a potential windfall (or at least axe-fall) for luthiers? The bodies of … Continue reading