- Art Books Burning Pine Business Plans Business Strategy Content Marketing Fabian Perez Flexible Working Freelancing Grateful Dead Guitar Hugh MacLeod Infographics Interim Management Katie Ledger Marketing Meniere's Mike Pegg Music Nicholas Bate Organisational Humanity Photography Portfolio Career Quotations Random Scottish Independence Seth Godin Social Media Sovereign Individual Sovereign Professional Strategic Resourcing Technology Tokai Travel Warren Zevon Writing
- 1982 Tokai Springy Sound ST60
- Tools of excellence - Nicholas Bate
- Purposeful Storytelling and the Four Truths–Peter Guber
- Up at first light for the Dying of the Light @DerekLandy, @Waterstones, @BasingBooks
- Echoes through time: Definition of a gentleman
- Strategic Insight?
- Fender IPO: Great News? Or Not So Much?
Category Archives: Technology
Via The Cramped, is news of a fantastic concept currently on Kickstarter. It’s a diary / planning solution that combines the visceral delight of real paper and pencil with the sheer and shareable convenience of digital. What a great idea! … Continue reading
Here’s a great essay from Nicholas Carr on social media’s effect on the US presidential campaign, and much more. It explores how social media is different from previous media – not necessarily better or worse, but different – and how … Continue reading
A great article on the BBC News site based on a new book, London: The Information Capital by Dr James Cheshire and Oliver Uberti. The book presents a new collection of data maps of London that demonstrate the power of … Continue reading
Nicholas Carr on the moral code of automatic vacuum cleaners. It seems that the Roomba automatic vacuum (made by a company called iRobot) suffers a similar dilemma to the automatons conceived in Asimov‘s classic, “I, Robot“.
The Economist’s Schumpeter column, online, publishes this critical comment on its recent special report. Isenberg’s considered and well-reasoned critique argues that the Economist overstates any distinction between “tech startups” and other forms – “Today, every business venture, entrepreneurial or otherwise, … Continue reading
Cultural Offering unearths the future…