- Art Books Burning Pine Business Plans Business Strategy Content Marketing Fabian Perez Flexible Working Freelancing Grateful Dead Guitar Hugh MacLeod Infographics Interim Management Katie Ledger Marketing Meniere's Mike Pegg Music Nicholas Bate Organisational Humanity Photography Portfolio Career Quotations Random Scottish Independence Seth Godin Social Media Sovereign Individual Sovereign Professional Strategic Resourcing Technology Tokai Travel Warren Zevon Writing
- All Gone Home
- Balancing things out - #Menieres, @MenieresSociety
- Papers and Downloads
- The Hybrid Organisation – Making it Work
- The Virtual Coffee Machine – Virtually Caffeine Free
- Hemingway on Writing
- Tools of excellence - Nicholas Bate
- The decision is more important than pride
- The Daily Stoic
Tag Archives: Sovereign Professional
Via The Cramped, is news of a fantastic concept currently on Kickstarter. It’s a diary / planning solution that combines the visceral delight of real paper and pencil with the sheer and shareable convenience of digital. What a great idea! … Continue reading
This looks interesting. From Brain Pickings, a review of a new book, The Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations on Wisdom, Perseverance, and the Art of Living, by Ryan Holiday and Stephen Hanselman. Having read Marcus Aurelius’ Meditations and a little Seneca, … Continue reading
The full 101, well worth a ponder: 96. Visit places where there is no concrete, no electricity, no wi-fi. Just as a simple reminder of where you really are and its wonder and power.
“The most regretful people on earth are those who felt the call to creative work, who felt their own creative power restive and uprising, and gave to it neither power nor time.” Mary Oliver, via Brain Pickings.
What a great idea, from Execupundit: “Large organizations could benefit from an Office of Introspection, which would ideally have a small staff with the job of identifying two things …” Find out what they are, here.
This song has been hijacked so many times, not least by the UK’s loony left, protesting against Margaret Thatcher. Wikipedia will tell you it’s a protest against protest folk songs. Take the song at face value: as a protest against wage-slavery … Continue reading
We love well-constructed lists. Nicholas gives us the Essentials 101. We’re up to 60 so far, but I’m behind the curve. Personal highlights: 6. Build your library 11. Manage your mood with walks, play-lists and sufficient sleep. 40. Have time free from technology … Continue reading