- Art Books Burning Pine Business Plans Business Strategy Content Marketing Fabian Perez Flexible Working Freelancing Grateful Dead Guitar Hugh MacLeod Infographics Interim Management Katie Ledger Marketing Meniere's Mike Pegg Music Nicholas Bate Organisational Humanity Photography Portfolio Career Quotations Random Scottish Independence Seth Godin Social Media Sovereign Individual Sovereign Professional Strategic Resourcing Technology Tokai Travel Warren Zevon Writing
- 1982 Tokai Springy Sound ST60
- Tools of excellence - Nicholas Bate
- Purposeful Storytelling and the Four Truths–Peter Guber
- Up at first light for the Dying of the Light @DerekLandy, @Waterstones, @BasingBooks
- Echoes through time: Definition of a gentleman
- Strategic Insight?
- Fender IPO: Great News? Or Not So Much?
Category Archives: Quotations
“They lose the day in waiting for the night, and the night in fearing the dawn.” Seneca (5 BC – 65 AD), On the Shortness of Life
Don Miguel Ruiz, via Cultural Offering: 1. Be impeccable with your word. 2. Don’t take anything personally. 3. Don’t make assumptions. 4. Always do your best.” — Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
“The forbearing use of power does not only form a touchstone, but the manner in which an individual enjoys certain advantages over others is a test of a true gentleman. The power which the strong have over the weak, the … Continue reading
“Observe carefully what guides the actions of the wise, and what they shun or seek.” Marcus Aurelius (AD 120 – 180), Meditations
Here’s a comforting and inspiring thought from Patrick Rhone’s analogue writing blog, The Cramped: “even one of literature’s great writers and thinkers struggled to keep a journal, questioned the entire idea of it, did so only in fits and starts, … Continue reading
A great quote, via The Impossible Cool, from Lauren Bacall: “You don’t always win your battles, but it’s good to know you fought.”