So simple, so true:
- Listen – Nothing is more polite or productive than listening to what customers and coworkers say.
- Think – Thinking will allow you politely solve many problems.
- Act – Emerson said “every natural action is graceful”.
- Be polite – To the receptionist, to person on the phone, to the person in line. Always be polite and spread the good example.
- Be prepared – Review, research, read, prepare. Is there anything more impolite than showing up unprepared?
- Be early – Five or ten minutes early says “this meeting is important and so are you.”
Especially important for the freelancer and sovereign professional: first impressions count and are remembered.
Technorati Tags: Cultural Offering,Kurt Harden,Business Etiquette,Freelancing,Sovereign Professional