You probably know more of Dave McKean’s work than you realise. He seems, quietly, to be everywhere in contemporary art:
- the Royal Mail’s recent mythical beasts stamps
- Richard Dawkins’ The Magic of Reality
- CD covers and other work with The Rolling Stones (Voodoo Lounge), John Cale, Alice Cooper, Tori Amos, Counting Crows, Michael Nyman and many others
- his various collaborations with Neil Gaiman: the Sandman covers, Coraline, the Graveyard Book,
- his film, Mirrormask
- The Big Fat Duck Cookbook
- numerous book covers, advertising works, children’s books.
And he was conceptual artist on two of the Harry Potter films.
Inspiring, inventive stuff across a range of media. This collector’s site has a huge range of samples of his work.