I particularly liked this post from Nicholas Bate. It may need a crisper re-branding 🙂 but it makes for a great personal credo for all freelance professionals, portfolio careerists and sovereign individuals:
- “I will do an outstanding job, whatever.
- I will stay super-well. When I get tired and/or stressed I start to hate my job, the world and myself.
- I will be selective and constantly ask: who do I really want to work with?
- I will accept no cr*p from clients. At all. Ever.
- I will write to develop my thinking. Books, particularly published books, are a happy accidental by-product.
- I will be determined to get into the top 10% of my niche, then top 1% them top 0.1%.
- I will price my services and solutions and products to allow continuous investment in me and consequently my new solutions, products and services.”
It’s all there: look after yourself, look after your value, look after your reputation.